We have a very active senior adult ministry. The seniors meet on the first Wednesday of each month for a catered meal (cost $5) and a program. Program guests range from musical talent to informative talks geared for seniors. The fellowship is held in the Fellowship Hall at 11:30 a.m. Guests are welcome.
Both day and overnight trips are scheduled throughout the year. Check in to see what is scheduled.
A group meets each Thursday at 1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall for a friendly (?) game of 42.
55+ is a ministry for Senior Adults at First Baptist Church Kilgore
From One Senior to Another
May 11, 2015
The More I Am a Senior Adult, the more I like it. Oh, sure, it comes with its own aches and pains but the truth is, "Being a senior adult is a lot of fun." As a matter of fact, one of the greatest tools for surviving as a senior adult is possessing a great sense of humor! I enjoy laughing at myself and I enjoy laughing at other seniors. Most of all, I enjoy laughing with other seniors. By the way, if you don't believe God has a sense of humor, look closely at the crowd the next time you attend a family reunion.
Let Me Share a Few Sayings Especially Designed For Senior Adults:
* I don't need anger management. I need people to stop ticking me off!
* Old age is coming at a really bad time!
* The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"
* My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
* I'm going to retire and live off my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.
* I've lost my mind and I'm pretty sure my kids took it!
* Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound!
* Of course, I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.
A Short Senior Adult Prayer:
Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change..
The courage to change the things I can
And the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
So What Did We Learn From This Article? That Dr. Pete has run out of things to say: NO! Hopefully we've learned that when it's all said and done, "A good sense of humor makes life go down easier."